A Canadian company at Grimco is in need of a warehouse backup delivery driver for urgent employment in Canada. This is your opportunity to migrate and get a job in Canada.
As a warehouse associate/backup delivery driver, you are expected of the following:
Warehouse associates are those solely responsible for the operation of the forklift and other handling material equipment for the reason of shipping, processing and receiving which is at the same time inclusive but not limited to unloading, loading, staging, locating, relocating and stacking product.
Should the necessity arises, they are also responsible for repackaging products, counting and inspecting product and bring to the notice of the appropriate persons of any damaged product.
Warehouse associate are also accountable for the safe keeping and efficient operation of all the equipment and is expected to adhere to all managerial duties.
All work performed by Warehouse Associates must meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
On the other hand, backup delivery drivers take it upon themselves and deliver products to our customers. Delivery driver duties involves merchandise delivery to clients, pickup of returned merchandise, receiving payment and disposing excellent customer service.
- Work in the capacity of a backup driver and aid customer deliveries with the company vehicle as needed to cover absences and unforeseen circumstances.
- Loading and unloading delivery trucks both by hand and using a forklift.
- Stock the inventory at the arrival of replenishment shipments.
- Receive and analyse incoming materials for possible damages and discrepancies.
- Pick and pack orders of signed supplies by hand, in readiness for shipping to clients in concordance with material handling protocols. It is highly imperative maximum attention is being paid to detail.
- Just be orderly in recording shipping / receiving logs.
- Accurate cycle count of inventory should be performed professionally
- The shipping software should be made use of in terms of shipping and receiving orders
- Data management system should be use to track orders and answer questions for team members and customer alike.
- Assisting courier and delivery drivers with the manifest information and work just to enhance delivery efficiency.
- Maintain a neat working environment.
- Drive the company vehicle.
- Perform other minor assigned duties like: cleaning / sweeping the warehouse, maintenance, special projects, etc).
- Completed high school diploma or equivalent
- Full G Driver’s license with a clean driver abstract.
- Familiar with MTO regulations and Highway Traffic Act legislation.
- Forklift license is an asset
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs, 75+ lbs assisted.
- Confidence and positive attitude at are mandatory
- Goal-oriented and competitive work skills and ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work very smart and hard – never satisfied with the status quo.
- Good with taking direction and making independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and absolute dedication to clients.
New to this industry? What is Training Like?
- 3 weeks of intense training time
- Major time of training will be centered on: products, computers, phones and clients, sales and service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources and reports.
- Rotation within department for a variance analysis on how employees approach tasks and achieve aims.
- Full time salary including training period
Travel accommodations an expenses will be provided by us being the company
Interested in this job and want to Work in Canada?